Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm leaving on a Jet Plane


In about 2 days I will be flying to India! As you can imagine, I feel excited, a little nervous, and overwhelmed. I need to get everything packed and prepared before I venture off for three months. Sometimes I have to stop  myself in my tracks and breathe. (Like right now :) Or think of things to be thankful for. Like the girls in this pic: Eve and Sophia make my heart smile. They are two of my favorite little friends.

Highlights regarding this trip:

~Jason bought me an awesome camera for graduation that I will take with me on this journey. Thank you honey. 

~I am looking forward to meeting my dear friend, Arpita's grandparents who live in Chennai. We will be meeting for lunch.

~I feel so much love and support from my friends and family.

~The fact that I am actually going to INDIA for THREE months is actually sinking in! :)

~I ran into a long-time friend who I haven't seen in over 4 years while I was sitting at a cafe in NYC. What are the chances of that? And her parents happened to recently moved to Chennai! Gayathri is was so good to see you!!

I love magical moments like that.

Okay, so I'm going to the store to buy an adaptor to charge my camera in India, make a copy of my passport, buy a 2 gig memory card and then I'm heading to Patsy's with Jay .

Next time I write I will be across the world.


Love love love!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Mi amor! Today was a joyous day because I woke up next to you, laughing and enjoying every precious moment. Today was a meaningful day because we worked together like we did back in Americorps: "getting things done!" Today was also sad because you are thousands of miles away. And today was filled with so much hope and promise. Bon voyage! Have a wonderful journey and travel with an open heart. I love you.